1. Get up: Sitting paralyzes you. A recent study found that adults who sat for 11 hours or more a day had a 40% increased risk of dying in the next three years than those who sat for less than four hours a day. No wonder it’s dead at work!
Read more: http://healthland.time.com/2012/03/28/standing-up-on-the-job-one-way-to-improve-your-health/#ixzz1uqk3cKiH
2. Look up: Remember He is with you. Research has shown that people who pray regularly are less likely to become ill and when they do get sick they also recover faster. Studies also show that people who pray have better mental recovery, lower blood pressure and greater emotional resiliency. Who doesn’t need more emotional resiliency? Why don’t you pray right now.
3. Drink up: Water that is. Blood, muscles, lungs, and brain all contain water. You need water to regulate body temperature and to provide the means for nutrients to travel to your organs and tissues. It also helps transport oxygen to your cells, removes waste, and protects your joints and organs. No water = no energy.
4. Give up: When you notice frustration…let the project go. You have a few 90 minute blocks during a day to concentrate and do your best work. When you go past 90 you start to burn up and burn out. Frustration and brain lock are two key symptoms that it’s time to take a break. If you are staring at the screen right now…guess what? It’s break time!
5. Team up: Yes two heads are better than one and many hands make the work light.Scripture says, “Two are better off than one, because together they can work more effectively.” (Eccl. 4.9) Sometimes just teaming up with a friend to think things through brings new creativity and energy.